Most writers I know also love to read. Reading, along with a few other sedentary activities, tickles my writing bone, and then I have to shut out the world and go work on my wip.
Here's my list of most motivational writing tools:
1. Reading a poorly-written book. I can do better than that, I say, let me at it!
2. Reading a well-written book. It teaches me by example and I want to have a go.
3. Reading the biography or memoir of an author. I want to be just like them.
4. Movies about authors, books and writing. Just seeing a writer in action makes me want to write!
5. Pretty much any Woody Allen movie, because the dialogue is so stimulating.
I wish I could say taking a long walk in the woods, or running 20 minutes on the treadmill, or cleaning house inspired me. That would help my fitness level.
What is it that most inspires your writing? Do you have a list of your own?
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown
"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." ~Jesse Stuart
"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf