Are you interested?
Allie will review each submission and email you a paragraph or two feedback on both your query and your sample chapters. Each entry will receive her critique. (If you submitted during the previous contest and want to resubmit the same ms, reworked and revised, that is fine.)
* If she wants to see more, she will request a full.
* If she loves it, she will request a promotional plan.
Up to three, possibly fewer but no more than three submissions will be selected for further review and an offer of publication with WiDo Publishing!
What to do:
* Go to WiDo's website and see if you are a good fit. If your work is suited for them, Allie is more likely to put it at the top of the heap.
* Follow me here (I really want to see 600, getting hungry, so sue me) and also follow WiDo's Facebook page. (During the month of January, they are honoring my mother by using the FARM GIRL cover as their Facebook avatar. I like this.)
* Spread the word through your favorite social media venues.
* Submit your query and first three chapters to Allie at firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, include the words 'KarenG's contest' and in the cover letter, include what you did such as, 'follow fb page, follower on KarenG's blog, tweeted or blogged about the contest, etc.'
Tips from Allie:
Do not include misspelled words, horrible grammar, and cliches in your query or the first couple paragraphs of the submission. It really hurts your chances of being seen as a serious contender for publication.
WiDo doesn't publish graphic sex or profanity. Romance is great, erotica not so much.
Will critique a MG entry if you want to submit one, but WiDo doesn't publish anything less than 50k words, just so you know that up front.
Please understand this is a simple overview (a couple paragraphs), not a complete analysis of your work, although each submission will be read.
This contest is open until March 1. Enter, enter, enter and good luck to all!