My three challenges for the year were to
1) read 50 books or approx. a book a week
2) walk 30 minutes a day and
3) write (creative, not blogging or journaling) for 30 minutes a day.
Can you guess how I'm doing?
1) I'll get through the 50 books in less than 6 months at this rate. Give me permission to read and I won't do anything else.
2) Maybe I should start by walking 30 minutes once a week?
3) Does writing for five days straight, about 10 hours a day count? And then not writing for the rest of the time?
Note to self: Never mind those goals, try these:
* Continue eating junk food, only stop when you're full.
* Blog and Twitter daily while ignoring Facebook.
* Finish House of Diamonds sometime this year.
* Stare into space for a minimum of 2 hours a day. Call this writing.
* Cheer and offer enthusiastic congratulations when a bloggie friend gets an agent, a publishing contract or any kind of book success. Or writes a really good post.
* Lose three pounds by next Christmas.
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown
"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." ~Jesse Stuart
"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf