Top ten reasons why I blog:
10. It's my author promotion site, a way to let potential
9. I like to write in every way, shape and form, so this provides one more venue for my obsessive writing behavior.
8. Blogger makes it so easy and fun to set up that I went from one, two and now three separate blogs.. Really, I'm addicted. It has become my favorite way to procrastinate.
7. For a writer who went half a century unpublished it just feels so good to write something even if it is drivel, then click a button that says "PUBLISH".
6. My giraffe welcomes me, my followers welcome me, this is my happy place. I love to come here, just to look around if nothing else.
5. After nearly two years of building an audience, I'm not about to quit now.
4. I'm excited about setting up a blog tour for the release of House of Diamonds, and see if it makes a difference in sales because when my other books came out, I wasn't active on social media.
3. It's fun and motivational to go around and see what others are working on, where everyone is in their writing journey-- to share in the joy and the misery of this amazing craft.
2. Blogging feels comfortable to me. I've worked hard to fit it into my schedule. Quitting would be like disciplining oneself to walk an hour a day for two years and then giving it up just because. (And yes, I have done that with exercise & it makes me feel like a loser and a quitter.)
But of course the Number One reason I must keep blogging is
YOU! My friends and fellow writers, thank you for accompanying me along this online journey. I had no idea how much people I've never met could come to mean to me. You are my writing network and support group. Thanks for being here!!
This award given to me from Michelle at Beautiful Chaos is for all of you, for being my friends along the journey.Unfortunately it will not download on my computer for some strange reason, but you can go here to see how lovely it is, and maybe you'll have better luck saving the image and passing it on :)