Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Friday, January 13, 2012

If I Were to Promote Like a Pro and Spend a Million $$....

Not going to happen but if I were...never mind, I'll get to that. But first-- 

Do you recognize this lovely lady?

"I write children's books. My current pieces are YA fantasy/paranormal romance. My short story "Daisy" is included in the 100 Stories for Queensland anthology. And my story "Allured" is included in the YA vampire anthology, Fangtales. I also will have a short story "My Moment" in Tiny Dancer, February 2012."

Yep, you guessed it! She is the super-cool Theresa Milstein, and on her blog today she hosts fab Nicki Elson.

Nicki, author of Three Daves, is a Celery Tree member who has been incredibly supportive from the first time she heard of the idea, well before it became a real place.

Go here to see Nicki's author profile on Celerytree.com and here for the Three Daves book page. And if you fancy a sexy romp through the eighties, click 'buy this book' while you're at it!

Nicki has some exciting, creative ideas for using the Celery Tree Forum, which will be open to members as well as Registered Guests (those who register to buy a book or just because they love Celery Tree *happy dance*). The Forum will be what everyone makes of it, just as will Celerytree.com.

With that thought in mind, I'd like to summarize a comment I made yesterday on Jessica Bell's guest post:

If I were to promote like a pro and spend millions on advertising, without author support Celerytree.com will go nowhere. On the other hand, if I do everything wrong while spending nothing (the actual scenario), with online support Celery Tree can be a huge success. Which only makes sense, because it's entire concept is based on the pay-it-forward philosophy.

Thanks to Theresa and Nicki for their participation today in the Celery Tree Big Blog Tour!  (Comments are closed in hopes you will move directly to Theresa's blog.)