Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Look at the Real Thing

First look at my favorite! Yes, I admit it. Lighting Candles in the Snow is my favorite.

There was too much anxiety with Farm Girl and Uncut Diamonds, since they were my first, to really enjoy the process. And House of Diamonds, although I really like that novel, I was disappointed in the typesetting. The print book came out too short, too small.

I like a nice, solid novel that feels good in my hands. A thick book.

Like this....



And besides, I am totally in love with this cover!


Goodreads page for Candles is right here if you want to add it, I'd be ever so grateful. Even more grateful for reviews! There will be free ARCs and Kindle promos coming up, so stay tuned.

31 comments:

  1. So preetttyyy! :-) Love that cover, too, Karen. Heading off to Goodreads and wishing you much success...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover! Can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be most exciting to be unwrapping that box and setting my eyes on that beautiful cover. Very elegant indeed. One is drawn to the cover. I agree with you about the feel of a good book in your hands - my kindle does that for me now, with a good hard leather case. Looking forward to your kindle edition.
    Have a great day Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cover! I like the feel of a think book too. I also love paperbacks. It feel more natural in my hands compared to a hardback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like getting copies of your book! And Tracy Jo did a great job with the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Karen. The cover is absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. It IS an awesome cover. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! Congrats on your book and so glad you're happy with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is definitely something wonderful about the real paper copies, and good design is important. Happy, happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your well-wishes. Email me if you'd like an ARC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on having them in your hands. I can only imagine what that feels like. The cover is very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the upcoming debut of your "favorite". The cover is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! :) Must be exciting to have physical copies of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the photo with all the candles - fits the book so well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Karen,

    CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! The cover is almost mystical.... there's just something about the image and title... lovely.

    What a wonderful feeling to have the actual book in your hands....

    ALL THE BEST!

    Off to Goodreads!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, ebooks are nice and all, and mine sell more in that format than in print, but the print book is what feels real, and what brings in all the emotions of having written THIS book.

      Delete
  16. It really is an awesome cover. It must feel fantastic to open up that box!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the candles shot with your gorgeous book!! All the best KarenG! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Karen! I love the cover. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cover is really beautiful and I bet the book is too! Congratulations and the very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I honestly do love the cover! Congrats and best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That cover is really beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The cover makes me feel sad in a beautiful way. I must read the book. Therefore I am ordering it. You may not be able to judge a book from its cover but you sure can be pulled towards it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sincere congrats on your book! Yes, I'm getting it on my Kindle. That's what friends are for and thanks for being mine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, it is stunning! Congrats Karen~ I am intrigued :D

    ReplyDelete