Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Getting Help with Marketing and Promotion

Has it really been an entire week since I posted?? Well, I really like that last post! I liked seeing Amy Saia's lovely book cover on my blog, was very excited about her new release and I felt like there was a lot of interest in the topic of the post-- how to write a manuscript to get an editor's attention.

I hope there will also be interest in the topic of this post: How to get some valuable and free help with marketing!

From the CeleryTree website:

Writers, we know how busy you are – blogging, posting on social networking sites, publicizing your books, attending book signings and yes, trying to sit down and work on your current novel.  Your time is valuable but certainly limited.

CeleryTree is coming to your rescue.  We want to help you spread the word about your titles and gain a wider reading audience.  You know that as a member of CeleryTree, we ask that you buy six books a year from other members. But did you know that our $36 yearly membership fee is still being waived AND we have additional services to offer our members: 

·         A professional press release about you, your book and any newsworthy information to get the attention of your local media.
·         A personal and careful analysis of your online presence to help you maximize your social media time and connections.
·         Analysis and assistance in defining your individual "author brand," and how best to share it online.
·         Help in refining your book summary and author bio for maximum appeal.

We can confidently say that this is a deal you will not find anywhere.  We’re giving all this away because we believe that CeleryTree is a resource that can be an enormous benefit to authors, and we want it to grow.  This package is being offered to current and new members until November.  To find out more, please email publicity@celerytree and find out how we can improve your book sales. 
  
And here is the pitch from me: If you are an author with a published book to sell, CeleryTree would love to see your book on the shelves of their online bookstore. Join now, while you can take advantage of these special offers during the first year of this fabulous new website's launch!
 

14 comments:

  1. Going to sign up now, Karen. You're right, Celery Tree is an offer that's hard to refuse. I will use all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great deal at the C-Tree... i see you are using the header, i almost forgot that i had made it...

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Oh No, Let's Go... Crazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy, I think your header looks fabulous :) It took me awhile to decide on what colors to go with the banner, and I may keep changing them for awhile but for now I like the blue.

      Delete
  3. i had not heard of this, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will mention the Celery Tree again to my blogger friends who write books. The support offered has to be a great help to authors. BTW, I won Amy Saia's book!!! I will review it on amazon after I read it. It's the second book I've won in the past month. Avid reader that I am, this is great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inger, Congratulations on your win! I know you'll enjoy it. And thanks for all your help and support in sharing the news of CeleryTree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Celery Tree! I really like you new blog header too - wish I could be there! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've GOT to get over there and check out these services for authors - I've always found your advice here to be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicki, You'll be glad to know there's finally some activity on the Forum too!

      Delete
  8. Congrats to you and Amy's novel. I am getting hers on my kindle I hope yours will also be on Kindle. I took a hiatus but back to posting and writing.
    Debra aka dreamweaver

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep at it! You're providing a great service.


    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been away and have missed all this Celery Tree stuff you have posted ... Sorry! I've also been in touch with you and your tech guy about my problem purchasing books. I still can't seem to do it via the site. I can't figure out what's wrong. An alternative way to purchase would be much appreciated. Can I perhaps tell you which items I want and do a bulk transaction via PayPal?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen .. I know I must get on to Celery Tree and update my info etc .. in the next couple of months I should be more organised ... one thing at a time for now ..

    Looking forward to getting more involved .. love the tips though ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete