Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Monday, September 10, 2012

Invitation to Share

Occasionally I get a request for a guest post on my blog. I've never yet turned anyone down because I enjoy opening things up to another voice and viewpoint besides my own. Ho hum, I can get so easily get bored with myself. And I enjoy helping others with their book promotions.

This fall, in honor of all the support you've given me as I've had various books or projects to promote, I'd like to open up my blog to those who want to share something important to you.

Email me with your request and time frame and we'll get it set up. Guest posts seem to be the favorite of my followers, much more so than interviews or announcements. An interesting post on a relevant topic is more appealing to readers than an announcement about a new release.

I'd love to host your posts on any topic relevant to your book or author profile. Although, it doesn't need to be a book release. Just any idea you want to share that you'd like to use my space as forum.

 If you're interested, let's talk!

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind offer Karen. I will give it some thought and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I prefer guest posts as well. Generous offer, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you get bored with yourself - you're lovely! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Karen. You're very generous and thoughtful. Looking forward to reading some of your guest posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's very generous of you, Karen! Looking forward to the guest posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea Karen! So nice of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guest posts are a good way to meet bloggers you may not otherwise meet. And you are so kind to support this.

    On another subject I read an article in the NY Times about this guy who made tons of money writing good reviews of books he never read. He'd charge up to $999.00 for 50 online reviews and less for fewer. There was a lot more said about online book reviews, including one guy who thinks about 1/3 of them are fake. That's so sad, I think, but good to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inger, I read that! Fascinating article, and interesting to note that Amazon removed many of these paid reviews and the guy is no longer in business. Well, regardless if people think they are fake, I LOVE to get 5 star reviews on my books! (But I won't pay for them LOL)

      Delete
  8. What a great idea - how very generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super idea Karen. Loved your comment on my blog about Small Presses. How about doing a dialog about that? I'd love to visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really generous of you to open up your blog to guest, Karen. I'm looking forward to it although I do, as always, love to hear what you have to say about various topics.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I know the release date of my next book, I will shoot you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to highlight my book on your blog, but it's not ready yet. Is this an open invitation? :-) Maybe next spring...Thanks for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mare, Sure, just let me know when you're ready!

      Delete
  13. Very nice of you to do this. I might even make a request to you myself. Something along the line of "A.D.D. and the Struggling Author."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, Sounds like an excellent topic for all of us :) There are just so many distractions....

      Delete
  14. Hmmm...might have to think about this :) Very kind of you to open up your space, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Karen. That is a great idea. I look forward to the blog posts. If I have a good idea to share, I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very generous of you. I'm definitely looking forward to reading all the guest posts.

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the invite. Lately some of us (me included) have gotten kind of stuck, a little bored and even disenchanted with out blogs and or writing. My last blog posts deal with re-inventing yurself as a writer and I am using my own re-inventing process as motivation. If you find these posts interesting/helpful to others I can craft a post for your blog dealing with this subject. If it's not right for what you are looking for. No harm, no foul.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Guest posts are a great way to share your work with others. I'll definitely be sending you an invite for my Wednesday Writers' Workspace series :)

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great thing to do, Karen. It's a win/win for all involved. I will keep it in mind for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete