Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Monday, December 17, 2012

Got Questions? Get Answers! All About Marketing

Once the book is out, the hard part begins-- marketing!! Have you ever asked yourself these questions?

How can I generate interest in my book?
How can I find people to give me reviews?
 What can I do to better promote my novel?
  What will boost sales?
How can I build my online presence?
What is my author platform and how can I strengthen it?
Website or blog, or both?
Is it possible to balance writing and marketing?
How do I become a bestselling author?
Can I make money at this business?
What's the best way to build online relationships?
How can I use Twitter/Facebook/blogging/you name to sell books?

Want answers? Go here!

12 comments:

  1. I know you're right ... I really must make more effort ... but I've another trip to plan ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, Marketing really is tiresome, isn't it? I think you should most definitely take that trip instead, and write another book about it!

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen .. your answers and posts are always very informative and full of useful things .. I look forard to the look through, as I know I'll find loads of gems, tips and tricks - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, I don't actually write the CeleryTree posts any more. They are written by Shauna, the marketing director for WiDo Publishing, who bought out CT to use to help out its authors. But there's a ton of fabulous marketing information on the CT Facebook page for anyone who is looking for that sort of thing.

      Delete
  3. Yay!!! Go there people!!! And Merry Christmas to you lovely KarenG! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all takes time and effort and most importantly, word of mouth for a kickass book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, getting reviews is a biggie! People tell me they love the book and are going to review it, but it almost never happens.

    Monti
    Mary Montague Sikes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monti, I think with reviews like most everything in life the 80/20 rule applies. 80% might say they'll read and review, but only 20% actually will.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic, thanks for the link, Karen!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extremely informative. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete