Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Friday, May 3, 2013

The Easiest Book Marketing I've ever Done

At the last minute I decided to sign up for the Challenge. And not long after putting my name on the Linky List, I knew what my theme would be: Recipes from A to Z! Makes sense, right? I had just finished the final draft of my cookbook, had tested the recipes, and had no marketing plan in place.

Sharing my recipes from A to Z, along with my philosophy about family dinners, became my theme for the Challenge and my marketing plan. I'm not much of a book marketer. Most of what I do is online, to a fairly limited audience. The Challenge presented the ideal opportunity for me to talk about my upcoming cookbook.

And guess what! I've got a cover! All the recipes posted in April, along with many others-- 100 total-- will be included in my book, Farm Girl Country Cooking: Hearty Meals for the Active Family


To be released June 18 by WiDo Publishing

If you'd like to see the summary or add my cookbook to your to-read list, you can find it here on Goodreads.

20 comments:

  1. Smart thinking, Karen! And your cover looks tasty. (Not that I'm going to bite or lick it or anything.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart marketing! That cover looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! And the cover looks really very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be adding it. I jotted down some of your recepies already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen .. that is great - fantastic news ... love the look of the cover and those photos by your daughter-in-law have been amazing ..

    Great only 7 weeks or so to go .. count me in .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea Karen!
    You are so clever-the cover looks delicious ;D
    Congrats on finishing the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous cover and a great title. Congrats, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, and some of those recipes have been reader tested, too. Don't forget that. The Maine Muffins were a fave with me. A great marketing plan in retrospect, isn't it? A focus group of your own in the challenge. Smart lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I'd like to lick that bottom plate clean,I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a scrumptious-looking cover. :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed reading your recipes. I had some boneless pork chops I needed to use up one day. I adjusted your crock pot rib recipe for them. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. COngratulations! I cant wait to read this book. Your recipes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Basic*Solid*Good*Eating*
    AKA=Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover looks really great, and that's awesome that you were able to include the recipes in the book! I wish I could eat dinner at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had great visits here in April and you gave me some meal ideas that saved my neck. After all, who can shop, cook and do the AtoZ 100% effectively without some help?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds stunning! Good call on using the challenge as a marketing tool. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That cover looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Karen, such an inviting and appealing cover! I'm sure it will help sell your book. Since I'm a vegan, I won't be ordering it, but I wish you every success with your marketing and selling of your cookbook, which as we have seen from your recipes for the Challenge, offers tasty dishes. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Karen,

    Just dropping in from the A-to-Z Challenge Roadtrip/reflections - unfortunately I didn't get to visit during the challenge but I am always on the look out for new recipes and yours look great.

    ReplyDelete