Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Monday, July 1, 2013

My Life as a Celebrity

I used to be one of those private people who didn't want anyone to know her business. That was before I got published and became a celebrity.

Now anyone who wants to know anything about me or my personal life can either a) read my books  b) follow my blog  c) stalk me on Facebook and Twitter. And don't forget Goodreads. I'm there too!

And occasionally I update my website, just in case there's not enough of the goings on of Karen Jones Gowen at the other venues.

All news about me written by me.

Thanks to social media everyone can be a celebrity like me. Here's how: Just get the ball rolling on two or more social media sites, ask your friends to join in, and create a media blitz on your very own time frame about your very own self. Or something like that.

My laptop knows I'm famous. I only need to type in the first letter of my name and all the url's relating to me and my online activities show up. Clearly I'm the most talked about person in the universe.

Thank you, dear Internet. Because of you, I can open my computer each morning and see that everyone knows my name, breathlessly awaiting to hear what I'll say next. It's so awesome being a celebrity.

38 comments:

  1. I love your pic here! I think my cats are more celebrities than me! LOL!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Very funny comment, Old Kitty.

      Delete
  2. Heheh, I can't wait to be as famous as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glasses and hand in the air. I do believe there is a school of how to properly display the hand, as in the "Royal hand Wave" - I have that one almost perfected. he,he

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me smile this morning, Karen. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me smile and fell maybe a little bit famous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the Andy Warhol thing about everyone being famous for fifteen minutes, or on their own computer... Reality hits when you google yourself in the public library. But what's reality got to do with it? And speaking of reality, I'm waiting for the Gowen Reality Show. With so many stunningly beautiful participants, you would overtake the Kardashians by next season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laugh Karen, I love your sense of humour, and the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must brace up, Karen. Hard as it is, you and Queen have a responsibility to your adorning fans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "No more pictures, please."

    That pic is so "celeb"...Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh - can I have your autograph?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm laughing. Thanks for the bright moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! OMG, I know a celebrity!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This stuff rolls down hill you know. Just knowing a celeb like you makes me one also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reminds me of the Brad Paisley song. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, you're a celebrity, and now I can say I know someone famous. I'm not famous, though, because I'm "anonymous". I think anyone who knows me and read my blog would know it was me, though. Maybe I should say I DON'T like to work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heh, most amusing. Mind you, shouldn't that be celerity?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I am not on Twitter or Facebook, but I still feel like a "celebrity" just having my face plastered all over my blog. I think it's time I upgrade my photos-considering all the people who see all of those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL, OK... you are so right, I knew that I was famous as soon as I googled my name.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! Hey, my laptop thinks I'm a celebrity, too. Tell me, how do YOU deal with the paparazzi? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, you might as well enjoy the fact that besides your readers and your face book friends etc etc, your computer actually recognizes you.
    Have a Safe Fourth !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heeheee - that photo is way too cute. Thanks, internet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoop! I'm off to find out whether I'm a celebrity too! (probably not)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's such a fun pic. Now that you're a celebrity, you and your entourage don't have to wait in line when you hit the night clubs. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is kinda cool to google your name and find yourself. I feel like a celebrity when I do that :)

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Karen, a great picture--you with hand up before the paparazzi! Ah, the price of knowing how to use social media . . . effectively! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool! We can all lift our hand in the air and say, "I... am... SOMEBODY!" Then, we can shut down our computers, clean the toilets, do the laundry, and start dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've got that celebrity post down pat. It is awesome, but remember dear lady, it comes with responsibility. If you're a public figure you have to allow those evil paparazzi to snap your whole face!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look so adorable doing your celebrity avoiding paparazzi pose too! Clearly, you know what you're doing.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it! Ohhh, I really hope I'm a celebrity too! So cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Make sure you have a good supply of sunglasses in different shapes and sizes. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ha! This is funny. We do all feel famous with our names being out in cyberspace, don't we? The photograph is great...practicing your "back off!" pose. I hope you stay in touch w/ the little people, like me. :-)

    ReplyDelete