Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." ~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Writing Life


Today my Writer's Creed post for the month is on my author website. I hadn't updated it since January and figured it was about time. The link is here if you want to know--

1. What writing books I'm currently using

2. What inspirational quote is keeping me going

3. How the move to a third world country has inspired my creative life

4. What this is and how I'm using it--






9 comments:

  1. Love your idea book! It is creative in the front. Glad to hear about the writing-I went to your other site and read what you wrote:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fooey - they lost my comment. Went to your other site and realized I'd not been in ages and had forgotten you had two. Duh.
    Love your idea book - I went on a walk with Bella today and thought I might be eaten by a bear and I'd forgotten to write down two ideas that I want out there! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to come back here to tell you how much I LOVE the image at the top of this blog. I shall keep itin my brain as my "happy place" all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicki, It is definitely my happy place too.

      Delete
  4. This idea book sounds amazing!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! And that's a gorgeous book. I'm glad you're still blogging--I love to read everything I can about expat life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal is adorable. What a great place to keep ideas. Seems better than a file on a computer. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea on the idea book. I need a waterproof one for the shower. :-)

    ReplyDelete