Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

End of That Misery, Moving On

I can’t tell you how excited I am that today, launch day, ends the journey with my latest book, the self-help memoir Slim Within: 4 Rules of Eating 4 Permanent Weight Loss. There will be a blog tour coming later, and the usual marketing efforts here and there, but the creative part is done.

There are some books I've written that are difficult to let go of. This wasn’t one of them. Writing it and revisiting my past issues with weight and food and dieting was extremely painful.

These problems had been solved--all in the distant past--things I barely give a thought to anymore. Yet in order to write about them, I had to dig it all up. I was surprised by my emotional reaction to this process.

Still, I’m very proud of Slim Within, that I stuck it out and wrote the book. I'd like it to be a success but even if it isn’t one bit, writing it was something I really wanted and needed to do. I’m glad I wrote it and glad I’m done! 


For more information, go here.

12 comments:

  1. Karen, congratulations on sticking it out with your book. It sounds like a book that will be very inspiring and helpful to a lot of people. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I so get this post. Congratulations on seeing the process through. You won't be sorry, and I don't mean about book sales. I mean for you personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post! I do understand you and it is a Bodhisattva action for you to have written it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like that kind of book that should appeal to many people since so many have the goal of losing weight. Congratulations on getting it out there. I wish you great success with it.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Karen - that's really good news ... well done - I need to knuckle under during the summer ... take care and all will be well - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the book and on solving the issues you wrote about, Karen. I often think we write in order to solve our problems and make order of our life story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you - it must have been a challenge to write this, but I'm sure your story will inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Karen. It is not easy to relive the difficulties that we have faced in life. I am glad for you that you are done with the book and your problems of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big congratulations! Or slim. Either one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Karen! Be proud of that accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you, Karen. Many congratulations! All the best with this new book. I like the title and the cover.

    ReplyDelete