Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

“Reading and writing are acts of empathy and faith. Guard that trust carefully — in this rapidly changing business, it’s the only sure thing.” ~Erin Keane
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it."
~Jesse Stuart

"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf

Friday, April 7, 2017

And the blog is still here....

It's been six months since I posted. Isn't it nice how you can ignore the blog for such a long time yet when you come back, it's like you never left. Everything is in its place. Nobody moved a thing while I was gone. Nothing changed.

I woke up this morning thinking, Time to write a post! My last one was about our visit to Palenque, in Mexico.

Shortly after that trip, my husband and I realized it was time to return to the U.S. Our business, WiDo Publishing, has been expanding and needed closer attention. We needed to get in all our medical visits using our familiar doctors and insurance. And of course, to be closer to our family!

So we are back in Salt Lake City, Utah. We both found it strange that adjusting to the U.S. culture after being away for three years was more difficult and time-consuming than expected. I may go into more of that in later blog posts.

For now, I just wanted to come back to the blog and make sure it was still working!

15 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the States! I bet it was odd after living abroad for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your name!! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I'd be interested to hear what made this return visit home different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All present and correct on the blog front. And I agree - coming home can be as challenging as leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I can't wait to read about re-adjusting to life in the U.S. My guy and I dream about moving out of the US. It could happen. I've been reading lots of blogs of people who have made the move and I am like a sponge. So, please do write about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Karen. Wow. That must be some adjustment. Good luck with your re-entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back posting and hope you become adjusted to the states again. I guess... we're still in Labrador which is still in Canada but you know it is still so hard in some respects to be here. Yet, when we go back to Nova Scotia in the summer of 2018, I know we'll miss the complete simpleness of life in a town of 500. Too far from my grandbabies and pals (and good coffee, farmer markets, the Globe & Mail). Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen - settling in after a visit abroad is difficult - but when I returned from South Africa after 15 years ... it was somewhat challenging ... but bet you're glad to be back with the family and with our WiDo business - good luck settling in ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/g-is-for-goose-gobbling-or-otherwise.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was so great to see you. I'm glad to hear your publishing business is doing great and I know you will enjoy being closer to your family. Salt Lake is a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, Karen. I bet you appreciate the little comforts of home. And nice to see family again.
    You have certainly seen a lot on your travels.

    Yes, blogs seem to stand the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to the blogs, Karen. It's lovely to have overseas adventures, but you can't beat the familiarity of home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only is it still working, but it's here for as long as the internet service is here, which could be years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not only is it still working, but it's here for as long as the internet service is here, which could be years.

    ReplyDelete