Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

About Writing, Reading & Publishing Books

Today I am being interviewed over at Strands of Thought, Kai Strand's blog. Kai is a children's author (The Weaver) who writes reviews and focuses on children's and YA books. I, of course, write neither, but why let a little detail like that stop me?  You invite me, I'll come, because there's nothing I love more than talking about writing, reading and publishing books.

And btw, I just downloaded John Locke's how-to book for authors on how-to sell more of their books. I'll be reviewing it here when I'm done. Fascinating stuff! I am always eager to discuss how to SELL more books, because it's a big challenge for me. Like Locke, I tried a lot of things that didn't work. Unlike Locke, I'm not a natural sales person so I really am taking in his tips. More on that later.

See you over at Kai Strand's blog!

12 comments:

  1. My publisher sent me his book. It was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to the book review! I know marketing is something a lot of authors are uncomfortable doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too will be waiting to hear your review. I don't think I would even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen .. didn't John Locke have a whole host of sexy romance novels lined up .. that no-one else had bought or been published .. which were then unleashed .. hence raising his sales up rather dramatically .. ? I'm sure something like that happened ..

    I'll be interested to see .. cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, sounds good! Can't wait for the book review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how very interesting! I can't wait to read your Locke review... And yep, I'm just the girl who can't say no, too. :D LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting book! I think a lot of us (myself included) are too big of introverts to be good salespeople. So advice is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling you're a better sales person than you think. You have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be looking forward to that review--I've heard a lot about his book!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete