Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Lament of the Empty Nest COVID-19

Today, hunkering down in my apartment in my paradise of Veracruz, Mexico during my 90 day retreat that– due to the corona virus– has turned into 5 month retreat. I’m not sure why, but I’m feeling unusually sad. Maybe because it’s Sunday and church of course is still canceled. No church, no family all under one roof to draw close and be one during these uncertain, scary days....  Full post on my website

4 comments:

  1. Take care Karen - life can be so challenging ... I hope you can be in touch via the net with family and friends ... look after yourself - read lots of books, write as much as you can - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe, Karen. Good idea to stay in Mexico. I am currently in Orlando, but want to return to my home in NW IL... a much safer place to be. I hope to be driving back within the next few days if I can get through the five states....

    ReplyDelete