I've been away from the internet quite a bit lately and today couldn't wait to scroll down my dashboard and visit my friends on their blogs. Here's a few things I learned today from blogging:
* That Theresa Milstein's husband is as funny and clever as she is. And we're all cheering for her to get that dream job and publishing contract!
* That simply looking at a photo of fish and chips is enough to make me salivate, and seeing 3 or 4 at once on Fran's blog is almost too much to resist.
* And I'm not the only one who thinks Oprah has too dang much power and besides, her book recommendations are pretty weak. Read Kathy's (The Literary Amnesiac) take on The Hype Machine.
* That Amy Sonnrichsen is having a girl who is waving at everyone from the womb. You must see this! Congratulations Amy!
* Kristin Miller explains what makes a successful writer by comparing Angelina Jolie and Katherine Heigl-- her post is must-read brilliant.
* That book reviews make a huge difference. After reading Amparo Artiz's review of Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, I'm sold. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered, because YA paranormal is NOT my preferred genre.
* Call her Marsha or Talli, she's fab by any name. Go here to learn her secrets for having a successful blog.
These are just a few of the things I learned from blogging today. Thanks, everyone, for sharing bits of your day with me. I enjoyed stopping by!
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown
"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." ~Jesse Stuart
"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf