A group of us at WiDo had this great idea for a book. I'm going to share it with you since the book never happened and never will, because of reasons yet to be revealed.
Anyway, the idea was to have these big, glossy pictures of real kittens in costumes and backgrounds from history, a kind of entertaining, learning book for kids.
George Washington Kitten
Martin Luther King Kitten
Eleanor Roosevelt Kitten
There were all kinds of ideas for historical figure kittens and every one brought suggestions for costumes, for the way we'd pose the kitten, the background settings and the blurbs to go with each page.
It all brought more hilarious laughter as the ideas rolled forth, because what is cuter or funnier than a kitten?
The book never happened for these reasons:
1. We all knew it would be way more fun talking about it than actually doing the work.
2. My daughter who's into fashion design didn't want to make the tiny little costumes and fit them on to tiny little kittens. Plus, she is allergic to cats.
3. Our designer who would have had to put this all together was already behind on his work with real books that had actual authors and release dates.
4. It would have cost a fortune to do right and WiDo is a small press with an even smaller budget.
5. And there are already a zillion cute pictures of kittens out there.
Like this one, my personal favorite-- Charlie, from Old Kitty's Blog-- every day another cute picture of darling Charlie! I have such a cat crush on Charlie.
"Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." ~ Louise Brown
"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." ~Jesse Stuart
"A writer's job is to take one thing and make it stand for twenty." ~ Virginia Woolf