Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

Monday, December 12, 2022

Minimalism

 Such a long time since I posted on this blog! Not really, only since 2020 but how many of us feel like the time from 2020 to now feels more like ten years than two? 

WordPress informed me that the cost of my domain and website karenjonesgowen.com is going up by a dollar a year, from $18 to $19. All well and good, although the minimalist in me is saying, Do you really need two websites? I hardly use one let alone two. And I greatly dislike the Wordpress block format, find the Dashboard difficult to navigate, while posting on Blogger here is essentially the same as it has always been. 

I would happily let go of the website but then I'd also need to let go of the domain. It's my name. My author name. I'm not yet done with my name. I hesitate to let go of it. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Yes, it does seem like it's been so long since we suffered through 2020. I've kept the domain name for my YA-NA series although I rarely use that blog anymore. Not sure when I'm ready to let go either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Karen, if only for a peek-a-boo.
    Ten years ago, I started blogging at your suggestion and am still at it even as us bloggers have become a rare species. I never thought I'd like to muse about this 'n that, but it seems for now I still do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mirka, I did not remember that I was the one who suggested you start blogging! I still read every one of your posts. And I still suggest to my authors to blog on their websites if they enjoy it. Lately, I've missed blogging and thought perhaps I would get back to it.

      Delete
  3. Hello there! I get it. Keeping the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to keep it. It's 20 bucks a year after all. Good grief.

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Birgit. Nice to know you are still at it! I'll pop over and say hi.

    ReplyDelete