Lake Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry


Two B-words in one recipe woo hoo! Stir fry is a favorite of mine; it stretches the meat and painlessly inserts vegetables into the meal.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry


Ingredients:
2 large stalks broccoli
1 lb. beef top round, or other cut such as sirloin or chuck steak
¼ cup oil
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, in syrup
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (use less for less spicy)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Directions:
Trim and slice broccoli diagonally. Slice beef in thin strips across the grain. Heat oil in wok or large skillet until very hot. Add broccoli and stir fry two or three minutes until barely tender. Add beef strips and cook just until brown. Remove pan from heat.
Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Mix syrup with soy sauce, vinegar, red pepper and cornstarch. Add pineapple, bean sprouts and sauce mixture to beef and broccoli in pan. Heat and stir until thickened. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over rice or noodles. Makes four large servings; double for more.



21 comments:

  1. We do a similar dish here and serve with rice - will try the noodles next time. Great recipe and goes a long way. YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious and deceptively easy and quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to do stir fry meals. They are usually tasty and quick. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beef and broccoli, but I've never tried it with pineapple. Sounds extra yummy.

    ____

    Find me:
    Blog: http://allysonlindt.com
    email: Allyson.Lindt@gmail.com
    Twitter: @AllysonLindt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pineapple in syrup and chilli!! I am in heaven!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Adding to my recipe list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love stir fry. Might sub some of our organic pork in here. We farmers need a change from our roast and potatoes routine. Thanks Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh - two of my fave foods in one of my fave ways to prepare a dish! This is so fun!
    Jan Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!!! Sounds delicious. I need to go eat breakfast now....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I never knew how to do a stir fry. :)
    ~Summer

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay, this sounds absolutely delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

  12. Sounds really good. Do you have a wok? My husband got one recently and he just love it, stirring up all kind of good stuff for us to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband would love this! Tonight's dinner solved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm lovely. Although I'd have to leave the pineapple out - I don't like it cooked. I even pick it off pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what I'm having for dinner:) Thanks Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What time was dinner? I'm late, are there leftovers? Probably not...just look at that hungry crowd before me.

    I'm a stir-fry kinda' gal so this is right up my alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is something my family would enjoy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete